Friday, January 13, 2012

twenty and four years

A month ago I told Devin that I just couldn't handle being twenty-four. yuck- it just sounds lame. Nevertheless, I survived my birthday- with the help of a nutella cheesecake {recipe here}.

Twenty-four new things from this past year:
01. The doctor didn't catch my baby- never thought would happen
02. I was in and out of the hospital {delivering Owen} in less than 24 hrs...
03. ...only to spend 5+ days in another hospital five months later
05. Walked to WalMart (2.5 miles) carrying Owen
06. Started making my own bread
07. Watched two little boys, at two different time (Howie, and 'Baby Owen')
08. Made my boys matching hats
12. I got my first ticket (and have never been pulled over)...
13. I took out a guardrail...
15. got to hear the sound of a back windshield shatter...
16. spent two weeks with my mother-in-law, on drugs (it's way fun!)...
17. spent the whole summer with my mom (doesn't get much better than that!)...
18. used a walker and a cane...
19. and learned to walk again
20. Received my first ever house plant- that is still alive!
21. Ate almost a whole package of Oreos
22. Threw a ward Halloween party
23. Made some GREAT friends
and.....
24. did NOT kill a single aquatic animal in our home!

It's been a year of learning, re-learning, adventure, and, most important, JOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment