Friday, January 28, 2011

Owen: He's Here!!!

Getting pregnant (four months later) and to the hospital (three days overdue and an induction) may have taken longer than expected, but all time was made up in the labor and delivery.

It was light outside. I analyzed whether or not it was easier with your first. With Levi I had no idea what to expect. I breathed, counted, focused, griped my husband's muscles wishing that strength was mine, and calculated. It had been only a few hours, how many exactly I couldn't remember. My sisters all had bets as to when he'd be born... I couldn't make it to those hours like this. Contractions were spread out, inconsistent, and PAINFUL! already.

I was giving in, losing focus. The nurse came in.... 7... I was at a 7. Three more numbers to ten... I didn't know if I could make it three numbers... four contractions later I had a baby.

That's all it took. Three point five hours of labor, {three screams my husband never knew I could attempt... don't tell Grandma Baron} and one contraction.

The doctor didn't make it from his office four minutes away.

Horribly handled labor. Best delivery!

January 27, 2011. 3:34pm. Head full of hair. Ten fingers. Ten toes. 6 lbs. 14 oz. 18.5 inches long {smallest Folk baby to date}.
Perfect.

Owen Christopher Lindstrom

Last pregnancy shot... in a hospital gown... goregous, I know... headband courtesy of Mrs. amazing Taylor Bingham

Baby Owen... hair style courtesy of Daddy

Mommy and baby just after delivery

PROUD Daddy

Brothers meeting... Levi knew instantly he was 'Baby Owen' and kept repeating 'Baby Owen come out Mommy's belly'

Our family!

Our newest bundle of JOY!

30 hours later we are all home {AMAZING!}. Ready for bed. Posting pictures at my husbands request {honestly!}.
As happy as ever!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm so happy for all of you! What fun it will be with two! I'm going to come visit soon! :) Congrats again! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on another beautiful boy! A boy from a Folk girl... Yeah! You must have stole the boy genes from all your sisters. It's amazing how much quicker the second delivery isn't it! I loved all the pics, especially you holding Owen right after delivery. You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you guys!! He looks just like Levi..soo cute!! So excited for you!
    Let us know you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad he is here (and not 10 pounds!) He sure is cute. We are excited to see him soon. ILY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting the pictures. It is so hard to be so far away. I am glad that all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a super mommy and birthing such a sweet baby. You have a beautiful family! Owen looks perfect. I loved the details of your delivery and Levi meeting Owen, ect... Thank you for posting. Everyone here says "We love you!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I hope to meet Owen soon! I am so happy for you all too.

    ReplyDelete