things have been a little... crazy.
Starting with there being a second part to my 'my day' story.
Had you been a stalker that day, you could have been an amateur.
I discovered this when my husband asked 'why did you go around past the 100 building yesterday instead of going straight out of the parking lot'
I knew why, it was because the car was having a hard time not dying when I put in the clutch. My reasoning was freezing that morning (seriously, nothing functions properly in three degrees) and all I needed to do was drive around the parking lot a little to help it warm up... but how did he know I did that???
me: 'What are you talking about'
him: 'there is a trail of oil from our parking spot, around the parking lot, and out.... then one coming back in and stopping in our spot...'
Wow Sherlock Holmes.
Luckily it's just a seal on the oil cooler; yet we find ourselves debating over waiting for the school to call our number and let the automotive department check out the whole thing for LESS than any where else. We have wonderful neighbors and friends who are taking wonderful care of us- so we wait... hopefully by the end of Feburary we will have a car again.
I miss it because of the free-ness of errand runs, library story times, and temple trips... while Devin walked in the door and said,
'I miss our car. Because I hear all the posers in their weak little cars 'revving' their engines, and think MAN my car is much cooler, much cooler. Posers in their rice-burners, pumping their four cylinder like they're manly.' Such a boy.
Then what we thought would be one of Devin's easiest semesters, allowing him time to squeeze in study time for the DAT {dental admissions test}, has turned into one of his busiest. Between his classes, study groups, drop in labs, and my primary calling meetings, children (four of them), and attempts to re-strengthen my leg we rarely see each other.
I mentioned four children... for some crazy reason {I think the thought of a new wardrobe or something}, I thought I should nanny again. So here I am, a two bedroom apartment with a five year old, three year old {almost}, two year old, and one year old, for on average five hours a day. I never knew my carpet could disappear in ten minutes under toys, and then hear someone say they were bored. Oh boy.
But really, things are REALLY good; they're great! Devin is finishing his last semester!!! and we get to look forward to a 17month 'break' while he works (that sounds so joyous to me! We have never had a steady income... here's hoping right!?!), and Dental interviews (cross your fingers), and finally dental school (cross your toes)!!!!!!! I am back on both feet (haha!), loving my time with my children, +two, and enjoying the moments Devin and I have together (like Saturday night date night- Mario Kart; I'll beat him one day). Levi is growing and makes us laugh everyday! and Owen is so goofy; his little personality is just what we all need!
That's us right now, in a rather large nutshell!
0 comments:
Post a Comment