Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FHE: Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day this year we had a PARTY!!!
{an FHE party mind you... it is Monday}
The invitations:

The group:

First there was a lesson: My Family Can be Together Forever {Behold Your Little Ones Lesson 14}. We sang and discussed that through the temple our families can be together forever. Then to see how much we knew about our eternal companions we played.......

......wait for it.....

THE NEWLYWED GAME!

Couple #1: Eric and Kirsten. Married a little over a year. Classic moment- the question was 'What sound does your husband imitate best?' their matching answers: Kirsten complaining!

Couple #2: Dillon and Taylor (with daughter Addie). Married two years.

Couple #3: Phil and Laura. Married 10 months. He said he would never marry a foreigner, or RM... she's from Oxford, London and served in North Dakota.

Couple #4: Johnny and Cathleen (with daughter Sydney). Married 4 years. Did the worst.


I found this awhile back and thought what better day to host our own show than Valentine's Day!

I cut the questions down to three, five question rounds and four 'intermission' games
#1: Hand to Hold: the hubbys had to guess which hand belonged to their wife
#2: Legs to Stand: the wives had to guess {by feeling} which legs where her hubby's
#3: Lips to Kiss: the wives had to guess which picture held their husband's lips
#4: Ears to Hear: the hubbys had to guess which picture held their wives ear

Me hosting {photo courtsy of my hubby... I was nervous!}

Levi playing with Sydney {I think they were excited to run free after I made them sit in front of everyone and answer the lesson questions all on their own}

The night was filled with lots of laughter and is definitely something we will do again!

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time! Thanks for inviting us and being so creative.

    ReplyDelete