Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Birthday Boy and His Cake

We have our CAR back!!! YAY!!! So exciting!
So I was able to take Levi to his 3yr checkup.

Here are his stats
Height: 3ft 5in 25%
Weight: 30lbs 25%

and I am NOT implanted.
Apparently it is just a piece of glass.
Car windshields have a coating of plastic so they wont shatter in your face, whereas side windows will shatter into tiny cubes. These cubes are not sharp enough to piece through the skin but small enough to 'sneak' in through a cut. Once inside, the body coats it to protect itself, and the cube becomes more of a pearl, following which, the body begins to push it out toward the skin.
Basically, I will probably have it removed before it becomes an irritant- yay for more stitches.

On a yummy note!
This is the cake that we had on Levi's birthday
Popcorn Cake for our little popcorn lover

2 bags microwave popcorn
2 C chocolate M&Ms
1 1/2 C broken (not crumbled) pretzel sticks
1/2 C butter
1 (16oz) bag of marshmallows

Pop popcorn- instead of microwave popcorn I did 1 cup over the stove in my Wirly-Pop
Remove all un-poped kernels
Mix popcorn with M&Ms {I picked out all the yellow, blue, and red ones for SuperHero colors- there wasn't quite 2 cups} and broken pretzel sticks
Melt butter in a large pot, mix in marshmallows, stirring until melted- let cool slightly, abt 1minute
Pour over and mix in with popcorn
Press into greased bunt pan {easier to do if you spray hands with cooking spray before handling popcorn mix}
Cover with foil and let cool at least one hour
To remove, run a knife around edges, and flip onto serving platter
AND if you want to make a three- cut in half and smash two ends together in a three shape (as if that's helpful)

It was REALLY yummy that day and the next.... I can't tell you after that because it was gone! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment