Friday, February 17, 2012

Blue Week

Our BLUE week

MONDAY
To kick off blue week I decided to be a little more active, and although it's winter outside doesn't mean we can't go swimming in nice blue water!
Levi was a little hesitant of our 'pool'

So he put in his toes, to test the water
After deciding the water was just right, he jumped right in
After multiple jumpings we decided to jumping down a waterfall would be fun too
and swim in the lake at the bottom
{I let his imagination run it's juices and joined in... we swam all afternoon!}

TUESDAY
Following these directions I made chopstick tongs/tweezers {I did use a wooden peg I had instead of paper}
Levi used them to pick out all the blue fuzz balls and move them to the paper.
{I had intended to have him move all the blue fuzzies to smaller blue papers of decreasing size, but this was our first time with tweezers and he was burnt out after the first round!}

WEDNESDAY
Using BLUE M&Ms we made 'paint' like we did in RED week with our stop sign, to make a 'rainy-day' picture.
Using a dropper Levi added 'rain drops'
I decided to print out a boy with an umbrella, and place wax paper over him so he'd stay 'dry'
I think it's cute! and the M&M paint ended up being glossy, making it look wet!

THURSDAY
I cut up two paper plates, like so:
Levi painted all but the small triangular piece, and circle (which I colored for the beak and eye),
and covered them with tissue paper
It was kind of messy!
I LOVE IT! Devin thinks it looks like an Angry Bird
While it dried we watched this blue bird video- I was looking for the 'Blue Bird' song I know- it's the same tune but different wording (maybe I made up words!!!)

FRIDAY
Levi covered a piece of paper (the sturdier the better) with various blue colors
then sprayed it down with water
and used a sponge brush to smear it around
The purpose was to make an 'under-the-sea' picture but Levi is REALLY into Scuba Divers (ever since a trip to Great Grandma's when someone gave his a vinyl scuba diver cut out); when he saw this scuba diver while searching for fish- it was all he wanted... and he refused to let me glue it on!
downsize.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment