Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day

It's fun to start our own traditions now that Levi is getting older and more excited about things.
The week before Owen, Levi, and I became a Valentine's Day card making operation! Sadly everything went out later than planned :-( Sorry!
yes, they were naked the whole time, and enjoyed a very pink bath afterward!

The Saturday before Valentines day, Devin and I hosted out second annual Newlywed Game! I watched various clips to gather great questions, and even included some minute-to-win-it games. We have chocolate fondue, cheese and crackers, cheesecake and sparkling cider- it was legit! We had a lot of fun!

With the children I watch we made paper sugar cookies! They pretended to cut them out of their sheets with a cookie cutter, and then colored sprinkles and frosting on them.


The night before we all made cards for each other...
and put them in out 'post office box' (which I made and am so excited about!), and left them for the 'Valentine's Fairy' to deliver them to our decorated 'mail boxes' along with a surprise.

That morning we opened our 'mailboxes', read our cards, and enjoyed our conversation hearts!
(sorry about the coloring in these pictures- the lighting in the morning is not so good)

Then we had pink oatmeal, and milk!

and of course that day we made heart sugar cookies!

We really enjoyed our day to celebrate LOVE!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment