Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yellow Week

Our YELLOW week


MONDAY
Levi was given various items to paint a piece of paper
{items included a straw, popsicle/craft stick, wadded up coffee filter, yellow foam shape, and an oral swab (courtesy of Devin getting his wisdom teeth out... NO it was never used in his mouth!)}

TUESDAY
I took an oatmeal canister and cut it up attempting a version of this.
I definitively did not spend as much time as they did in creating it.
Levi painted his sunflower, turned sunshine, yellow....
and after it dried to we took turns being the center of the sun {which would make us the center of the universe too... right?? :-)} while singing various sunshine songs and dancing around 'scattering' our sunshine on the cold winter we are having!

WEDNESDAY
I made a corn-cob and Levi had fun gluing popcorn seeds onto it while exploring the color yellow!
{tip: use LOTS of glue or you'll have popcorn seeds flying every time you try to move it}

THURSDAY
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee
wont my mama be so proud of me
I'm bringing home a baby bumblebee
ouch! It stung me!

I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee
wont my mama be so proud of me
I'm squishing up a baby bumblebee
eewww, it's yucky!

I'm wiping off ababy bumblebee
wont my mama be so proud of me
I'm wiping off a baby bumblebee
wont my mama be so proud of me

I cut out a black bumblebee body
and yellow sings, antenna, eyes, nose and half smile

While Levi glued the body parts together I cut strips of yellow yarn
{I try to use different textures, and really wanted to use yellow fuzzy balls but didn't have enough}

After the body was put together, and strings cut, I put a strip of glue on the black body and had Levi lay a yellow string across.
All his hard work was worth it to 'sting' Mommy!

FRIDAY
We explored a phone book.

Levi got really excited when we got to the yellow pages with pictures.

Then I gave him his very own phone book
(I stapled white and yellow pieces of construction paper, folded in half, inside a green (his favorite color) piece of construction paper)
while he 'wrote names and numbers' in his phone book I cut out various business ads/information from the phone book

which he glued into his yellow pages

His favorite one was a podiatrist and insisted it was for stinky feet. So of course we had to write in stinky feet and take a picture!

SATURDAY
(Levi needed a little more help with yellow so we extended an extra day- and I was TOO excited not to make this little chick)
Cheep, cheep says the baby chick!

These little 'fuzz balls' are Levi's favorite so I decided to make one into a baby chick
with him
{go here for detailed directions on how to make your own}

We added a felt beak and two googly eyes with a hot glue gun
Look how cute he is with his little baby chick

And this is one of our favorite baby chicks hatching video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyO3YwrsJPg

YAY FOR YELLOW WEEK!

1 comment:

  1. You are very creative. I don't know if I would have ever thought of something like that.

    ReplyDelete