This year, since it was my birthday, I skipped the word cake altogether. AND LOVED IT!
{and yes we did spend the day in pjs... it was awesome}
Crust
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
2 3/4 c flour
1/2 c milk
Blend well sugar, shortening,and vanilla
Add egg and beat until smooth
In a seperate bowl combine baking soda, and flour
Alternately add the flour mix and milk to the sugar mix until a soft dough is formed
---chill one hour----
Press into greased pizza pan (I use a 9X13)
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (I usually go 15-20) until edges are lightly brown
Cool
Topping (halved from original recipe to my preference)
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz cool whip
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c powdered sugar
Blend well until smooth and spread over crust
Top with fruit of choice
Glaze (opt I've never done)
1/2 c sugar
dash of salt
2 TBS cornstarch
1/2 c organe juice
1/4 c water
mix in sauce pan, cooking for about 4minutes until it begins to thicken
cool slightly and drizzle over top of pizza
I love fruit pizza! Great idea to mix up the boring cake routine.
ReplyDelete