Tuesday, January 14, 2014

'Birthday Season' kick-off: me

It's kind of fun that 'Birthday Season' starts with me! ;-) Although the boys were pretty let down when my cold + pregnancy put me to bed early the night before instead of having streamers and balloons out for them in the morning. To say the least it was a pretty low-key day.

BUT Devin made me Black Bean Soup and I made Fruit Pizza.
And then we made popcorn and watched a movie as a family- which was wonderful!


I honestly dreaded the day I would be 25 {as some of you may remember this conversation with Levi}, but I gave in and two months before my birthday I was telling people I was 26 {something about carting around two with one on the way, I feel a need to be older}. And just for fun:

26 things about me...

1. In three pregnancies I have only thrown up due to other illnesses; not to pregnancy {don't tell my sisters}
2. I have weird fetish with my toe nail polish color {basically I can only ever wear three colors: black for Fall and Winter, grey/Blue for December, and what I call seafoam Green for Spring and Summer}
3. I think my toes look weird without nail polish
4. but cannot wear fingernail polish {I will pick it all off within a week}
5. The grey/Blue mentioned above is a recent addition
6. I think I only discover weird things about myself when talking with my sister-in-law Simone {I never realized I took color coordinating, my fear of needles, picking at nail polish, or toe nail polish to an extreme until we talked}
7. I have a love/hate relationship with my bangs
8. and, including the 90s, have had bangs three times in my life
9. I have always hated had a hard time with moving
10. Because we move so much I throw a lot of stuff out
11. sometimes I regret the things I got rid of but try not to dwell on it
12.. I dream about having a house one day and bounce back between having EVERYTHING in it and nothing {trying to find the balance}
13. I get lost in organizing, creating, and making a mess
14. My bedroom is, and always has been, a mess
15. I gave up color coordinating my closet when we started paying quarters for laundry
16. I lack the serious artistic ability I yearn for
17. Cooking and baking have become a recent joy of mine {although I have a lot to learn}
18. the library is addictive to me... seriously
19. President Gordon B Hinckley is probably my most favorite person EVER and I've never met him
20. I'm really hard on myself {even when dating at 16, Devin told me to be nicer to myself}
21. I always dreamed of marrying someone I grew up with
22. I knew at 16 I was going to marry Devin but didn't believe myself until it happened
23. I never thought I would have boys
24. or that I would have a blonde haired blue eyed child {although I wanted one}
25. I take random 'snap shots' of my life where I think about myself in the future and what I would tell myself looking back at that moment {some of them are still vivid in my mind; one in-particular on the bus home from middle school}
26. I don't think I would have believed anyone, even a future version of me, telling me things about the way my life is now... but that's LIFE....

and I'm glad to be living it, in all it's craziness!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment