Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Xx eXploring and X-ray


The day I planned to accomplish our Xx X-ray activities the sun was shinning and too inviting. Before I knew it we were outside with no desire to go in. I was grumbling to myself about having to go in soon when Levi asked, 'Mom can we go exploring?'
I am so grateful for my brilliant child! ;-)
So we went eXploring.
First I wrote an X in the sand and had Levi trace it with his foot while we discussed the X in exploring and then we were off!

Lucky for us we live with Nana and Popi who have land lined by a creek and things to explore. There was a lot of large motor exploring, like tree climbing, and mole hill jumping (a new favorite!), and more sand tracings, and climbing through gates... these boys made me laugh!
 

and there was even some fine motor (when we weren't climbing through gates)

and don't worry we did get our X-ray stuff done the next day... when it rained.
tip: for the x-ray hand (on the left) do the painting part first then trace around it... it seems obvious but I did it backwards the first time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment