Sunday, February 3, 2013

January

I've been pretty bad at posting but I do want to document each month, as I have started creating yearly photo albums (through shutterfly... making it easy with little ones, no paper mess, sharp scissors, and sticky glue) and realized how handy documenting things here is!
So our January (in week format):

First full week:
Starting the 5th Owen was insistent on wearing 'undies'. For those of you who know our little Owen, you know he is a goof-ball and very sweet and obedient BUT what few people see is how stubborn he is when he sets his mind to something. So although I wanted to wait until he was two I gave in. And on my birthday, the 13th, he was completely accident free. Happy birthday to me! :-)

Second week:
I was not excited to turn 25 and mentioned that I wasn't going to acknowledge this birthday... the day before Levi was extremely sick with the flu! He has never been so sick, and it was a crazy day between caring for his aching body, and running Owen to the potty. But Levi had a blessing Saturday night and woke almost 100% better the next morning, and like I said Owen was (and has been) accident free. So yes I had my 25th birthday, with soup and milkshakes, and two happy boys, and I survived.

Third week:
Devin decided the timing chain on our car needed to be fixed... in the process of taking it apart he found the true culprit. Which was good and bad, the chain is fine- good, the part we needed had to be ordered in and took a week-bad. Although not having a car is a pain we have been blessed. We have had multiple problems with our car lately and if any of them had happened while we lived in ID we would have had to fork out $$$ but with the help of family (and their offering transportation) Devin's been able to find good deals on parts and provide the labor. And I figure when we get to dental school everything will have been replaced and the car will last, problem free, for those four years.

Fourth week:
Owen turned two! it was a fun quiet day. I think Owen's favorite gift was the 'control car' that 'Uncle Nick' got him. And the week ended with everyone sick again... yay... ;-)

Somewhere in the middle of all that we decided to late apply to University of Utah- their dental program opens this year and wasn't on the list when we first applied- we were excited at the thought of living close to my sisters and not being far from our ID family.
That brought our total schools applied to, to 15....
sadly by the end of the month not only had University of Washington said no but so did UofU. With 5 schools left things have gotten tense, but in the midst of it all Devin sent me a text from work,
'I know the road to dental school may be long, and there may be detours, but we never take the easy road and sell ourselves short. We can do it even if it takes us three years to get there.'

{hopefully it doesn't take us three years...}

0 comments:

Post a Comment