Monday, January 7, 2013

Primary

Sunday was Levi's first day as a Sunbeam in Primary.
As a family we discussed him moving up from Nursery and gave him first first Book of Mormon, with (drum roll) his name on the front! Alas all our attempts to get him excited didn't work and he did NOT want to go.
Sunday morning over breakfast we discussed it and decided to have a special prayer for him. While he finished eating I went down stairs to get ready, and next thing I knew Levi was jumping around, singing songs, and talking about how excited he was to go to Primary... I am a firm believer in the power of prayer but I was a little shocked! {It wasn't until late that night, while talking to my mom, that I discovered she had a little talk with Levi between our prayer and his excitement. Apparently Nana was the answer to our prayer..}
We turned that excitement into getting dressed and taking pictures:








Tying his little black shoes as we left I realized one day these would be missionary shoes, and he wouldn't need me to tie them for him. My little boy is growing up fast.

Sadly all of his excitement wore off as Sacrament ended. Hand in hand we walked to the primary room, and as I left him in his little chair he wiped tears from his eyes. At the end of church he reported that while he liked his class (he is the only one in it!) he did not like Sharing Time. Hopefully next week will go better.

1 comment:

  1. Oh ... so sad! I'm not excited to send Adi to Sunbeams because she's going to be one of the old ones like Levi having a birthday in April! She'll be almost 4 and that's got to be rough on them when they've been in nursery so long! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete