Saturday, January 5, 2013

25years

As some of you know my 25th birthday is coming soon... you might not know that I am in denial for this birthday  Since I was a little girl I thought 25 was when you had a house, steady job, all your children, and a dog.... pretty sure we have none of those. And I realize I should have adjusted that mindset years ago, but I haven't. However, I was slowly coming to terms with this when I had the following conversation with Levi:

Levi: 'mom what are all those spots on your face?'
Me: 'what spots? are they brown, are they my freckles?'
Levi: 'no they are pink and all over your nose and face'
(I went and looked in the mirror)
Me: 'I don't see anything, I don't know what you're talking about'
Levi: 'OH I know what it is, it's because you're getting old... (then with a worried face and voice) I don't want to get old!'

I'm back to complete denial.

0 comments:

Post a Comment