Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What Do You Do in the Summertime?

I've been substituting in Primary and during sharing time we've been singing 'Oh What do you do in the Summertime?' it's a new favorite. This is what the boys have been doing:

getting wet 




Picking flowers...

and beans to pickle (Devin's favorite) thanks to our wonderful mothers



playing at the creek


ridding (or sitting atop) anything that has a motor

helping get firewood for 'Grandma Louis' 


and enjoying lots of popsicles and ice cream. 


and I read a book that I HIGHLY recommend for any mother who has a boy:
Preparing Him for the Other Woman: A Mother's Guide to Raising Her Son to Love a Wife and Lead a Family
Sheri Shepherd, a Christian author, discusses the problems surrounding boys and has simple solutions to help raise them to fight for their wife, children, and standards. It is definitely something I will flip through often as I raise my boys because of it's layout and encouragingly simple ways to make a difference without stressing me out with reviewing all the problems I already know about!

I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment