Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cc Week

Day one: Clouds
We read Little Cloud by Eric Carle (another favorite)
and used cotton balls to create a cloud shape just like Little Cloud changes it's shape

and we used cotton balls to paint the letter C with white paint

and sadly that is all the pictures I have for both days! 
But we also made cloud dough, which is simply 8 cups flour to 1 cup baby oil. I, however, didn't want that much so I used my fraction making skills and did 2cups flour and 1/4c baby oil. I felt it made the perfect amount for two little boys to mix up and play with in a large bowl. It was REALLY fun to play with, and the baby oil I used had lavender in it so not only did it smell wonderful but the boys were content to sit and play quietly for quite some time ;-). However, in my opinion it really is more like moon sand than cloud dough.

Day Two: Creek
We read Abe Lincoln Crosses a Creek by Deborah Hopkinson
It's interesting, but I skipped some pages as the author and illustrated pause the story, discuss the picture, and then continue or go back with new pictures. 
Following the book we glued a lower case blue c on top of our capital brown C, which provided a basic map of how to get to the creek

and with our color C in hand to discover colors along the way we went off to the creek, our first field trip!!! 

We threw rocks and sticks in, watched the flow, found periwinkles, and attempted to make leaf boats (I was going to make milk jug lid capital and lower case Cc boats to race and totally forgot- LAME). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment