Saturday, March 17, 2012

This Sucks

{please excuse my non-seminary words}
I was 'honorably' released from my position as 1st counselor in the Primary Presidency after church Sunday {I just thought it was funny honorably was inserted there}.
I knew it was coming, we knew the ward was splitting and the president {aka my best friend, second to my husband} had specific instructions not to tell her counselors anything {obviously the bishop knows us well}.
Then, I had to sit in a combined Stake meeting and realize what I knew, but refused to believe. My best friend was being sliced out of the ward (literally- her half of the complex now belongs to a different ward!).
Then, what I thought was a fuzzy head due to stressing all week waiting to learn the enviable, lack of sleep (forgot about the time change and stayed up way too late), and puffy eyes from crying all Sunday was really a NASTY head cold! That knocked my out almost all week- every time I opened my eyes water poured out of them!
All of this sucks!
We worked so hard on this primary gig! Within the first few months of being in we had to call all new Nursery leaders and Primary teachers, and threw together a Primary Program, not knowing a thing about it! On top of figuring all the little details out. And just as we began to get things running smoothly, were implementing great goals, and were ahead on our planning we were released.
I have never learned so much, in one calling, and in 8 short months.
It gave me something to focus on after my accident.
It helped me refocus on important things and drove me to be better.
and now it's over- suddenly. And all I have is this nasty cold.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like when everything is going smoothly, The Lord releases you. I felt the same way when I was released from 2nd counselor in Primary Presidency. I loved those kids and the people I worked with. One amazing blessing that came out of it, was two lifelong long "sisters" (friends) that I would have never had without the Lord's help. Keep your chin up. The Lord knows what He is doing even when we don't understand.

    ReplyDelete