Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Crash: Day Two through Six

Day Two:
It was a rough night as Owen refused to take the bottle, none the less formula.
I was put on a different drug and told I could nurse. THANK HEAVENS!!!!
Kayla brought Levi, formula, and a pump.
I was going to need surgery. A plate screwed into my fibula, and a rod slid down the hollow middle of my tibia. Now we just had to wait for a spot in the surgery room.
Devin went to the towing company to figure out the car situation.
Grandma Julene was on her way.
Kayla took Levi home.

Day Three:
Waiting, sleeping, nursing, sleeping.
Gifts.
Flowers and a note from my dear Dr Jones, 'When we said break a leg we were just kidding'
Grandma Julene arrived, hallelujah! :-)
Stacie came for a visit, brought me a lucky bamboo tree, and braided my hair! The simple joys in life!
Kayla, wonderful Kayla, took care of Levi.

Day Four:
Sugery
Sleep
Up and 'walking' with a walker {I hate it but can't use crutches due to my collar bone}
Owen goes back to formula, with a splash of apple juice! and home with Grandma.
Kayla stops by and makes me laugh on her way back to Utah.

Day Five:
pain control
more 'walking'
Visit from the bishop who brings Kirsten and Eric!!! Kirsten re-braids my hair.

Day Six:
HOME!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment