Here is me at 29 weeks with Owen (in black), and about that same time two years ago with Levi (in white).


The reason it's titled with a question mark is because I went to the doctor on Tuesday for my glucose test (which results were negative (I was in the 70s and they worry at 140)... which is positive- crazy medical world!) and my favorite nurse, Paula, who always gives me a hard time told me I was 32 weeks! I knew that wasn't possible... but she gave me a 'what for' about not doing the glucose test until now- my excuse was I was sick last week when I was supposed to do it, this wasn't good enough for her! Anyways, she sends Dr. Jones in telling him I'm crazy- she's the crazy one! :-) and Dr. Jones and I figure things out.
In the computer my due date was set as January 17th, 2011. I said no it's the 24th! So then I had to pull out my calendar and find the first day of my last menstrual cycle... I learned with Levi how you should just memorize this date because all of a sudden everyone is VERY interested in it! Memorized, no... but I had it marked.
I was right, I'm due on the 24th (the first day of my last menstrual cycle was April 19th, if you want to check yourself). But then we discussed the ultrasound and that put me about four days behind, and now I can't remember if that changes the week I'm at or not... and someone asked me last night how far along I was and I said 6 months, only to be corrected by my surrounding friends.... if I'm due in January I'm 7 months. I was lucky to keep track of the month with Levi, forget about the weeks! and now apparently I can't do either. Ugh!
So there you have it my long life story about why I have no idea what week I'm at!
I think we should all just take guesses as to when he comes.... mine is by the 5th of February because I am not waiting any longer than that! So Mr. Owen if you want to pick your birthday instead of mom you better come before then. :-)


The reason it's titled with a question mark is because I went to the doctor on Tuesday for my glucose test (which results were negative (I was in the 70s and they worry at 140)... which is positive- crazy medical world!) and my favorite nurse, Paula, who always gives me a hard time told me I was 32 weeks! I knew that wasn't possible... but she gave me a 'what for' about not doing the glucose test until now- my excuse was I was sick last week when I was supposed to do it, this wasn't good enough for her! Anyways, she sends Dr. Jones in telling him I'm crazy- she's the crazy one! :-) and Dr. Jones and I figure things out.
In the computer my due date was set as January 17th, 2011. I said no it's the 24th! So then I had to pull out my calendar and find the first day of my last menstrual cycle... I learned with Levi how you should just memorize this date because all of a sudden everyone is VERY interested in it! Memorized, no... but I had it marked.
I was right, I'm due on the 24th (the first day of my last menstrual cycle was April 19th, if you want to check yourself). But then we discussed the ultrasound and that put me about four days behind, and now I can't remember if that changes the week I'm at or not... and someone asked me last night how far along I was and I said 6 months, only to be corrected by my surrounding friends.... if I'm due in January I'm 7 months. I was lucky to keep track of the month with Levi, forget about the weeks! and now apparently I can't do either. Ugh!
So there you have it my long life story about why I have no idea what week I'm at!
I think we should all just take guesses as to when he comes.... mine is by the 5th of February because I am not waiting any longer than that! So Mr. Owen if you want to pick your birthday instead of mom you better come before then. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment