Day two: wrapped up in a blanket, half asleep, movie running. Dishes, pillows, blankets, puked on sheets, bowls, shirts, and sweats from day one spread from one end of the house to the other. Two IV bags, a prescription, and eleven hours of {almost uninterrupted} sleep later I feel better, and can keep things on the inside.
Night one: approximately 10pm dinner came up
Day one: approximately 1am-5 am Levi experienced his first ever round of puke. How I wished to take it away, to have it so he didn't have to... 8am-2pm my turn.
I had scheduled my 28 week doctors appointment last week on this now 'day one'. Inspired? I was just glad to have it!
One day, two IV bags, and a prescription later there I was on the couch, not up-chucking, as Grandma Connie called it, but on the couch. Levi's better, not there yet, still drowsy, and snugly, but as we pushed play for the second time I wished for my mom, any mom, to be here. To make me dinner, to do my dishes, to play with Levi, to let me sleep. Then a thought, I may be without a mom but I am not without the care of a mother.
A phone call was made to almost a complete stranger who had been in my home twice in the past two months. A few hours later a pot of freshly made soup sat on my stove, hot and ready for my family to eat. Heavenly.
It made me what to do a somersault, lift Levi in the air, and shout 'I FEEL BETTER' like Val Kilmer in Willow. However that probably would not have resulted well. Instead I took an overdue shower, and accomplished my goal for the day {get the dishwasher running}.
For FHE last week we started a '25 Days of Thanksgiving' poster. Today I write 'Faithful Visiting Teachers, the helpers of the church'. Thank you.
I hope you feel better soon Lindsay! I miss you and hope to see you soon! That is such a cute craft. have a great day.
ReplyDeleteLinds! You should have called or texted me. I would have come over and brought you dinner and done your dishes. Holy cow!! Please call me next time you are this miserable. I'm a mom now too...I could help.
ReplyDelete