Friday, September 24, 2010

Laugh

The aroma of homemade pizza rushed into our faces as Levi and I walked in the door, the kitchen was dusted in flour, a common sight on a Friday night at our home, but there against the wall hunched over was the man I love. Confused I questioned. In a rush of excitement to get it done before I got home the pizza slid off the stone and onto the oven door.

There have been a lot of happenings in our little family this week. At moments they have gotten us down, stressed us out, and brought me to tears. But we took a deep breath and pushed on- there was nothing else to do.

In the end, one end was a little smashed, the other covered with more cheese, and the tasty smell of pizza was overrun by the smoke of a self cleaning oven. But it was good pizza, and it's a self cleaning oven!

As Marjory Pay Hinckley once said, 'the only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.'

Tonight we join Sister Hinckley and laugh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment