I'd been having contractions on and off for days. Usually at night and they'd usually go away.
This was all new to me as I was induced with both boys, a week late, without a single contraction beforehand. With Kylie my water broke, a week early, with no prior contractions.
This was all new to me as I was induced with both boys, a week late, without a single contraction beforehand. With Kylie my water broke, a week early, with no prior contractions.
Sunday, the 17th, I woke up and had some irregular contractions but they moved into my lower back. I figured they'd go away and I'd be up at 2am the next morning for my week late induction. We went to church. By primary my contractions were uncomfortable and I could roughly time them to 15minutes apart but I thought I'd go home for lunch and a nap and contractions would go away.
My mental state in the car ride home was solely focused on food. I was hungry!
I jumped into sweats and a contraction chased my hunger away. It was then I took things seriously.
I put in my earbud and hit play on my birth mix.
Devin noticed the change pretty quickly and encouraged me to shower while he packed up.
Post shower I was still unsure if we should go to the hospital. I really didn't want to go and find out I was only dilated to a five.
Devin was ready, timed my contractions to roughly 5minutes apart with a mini contraction in between. He convinced me to go; although on the drive we both admitted we wondered if contractions were going to suddenly stop.
They didn't.
We checked into the hospital at 4pm, exactly. I had to write it on the form.
I stopped in the hallway three times to work through contractions; apologizing with each. Devin laughing at my apologies.
Dressed in a hospital gown I was checked.
Nurse: 'you're at a 9'
Me 'I'm sorry, what? Did you say 9?'
{A nurse said I was the happiest person dilated to a nine she had ever seen.}
We walked to the delivery room, the doctor came in, broke my water, and four exhausting, painful contractions later Wyatt was born; just 50minutes after checking in.
{My doctor said I rocked delivery, stating there was more noise from the two epidural deliveries he had following mine.}
We walked to the delivery room, the doctor came in, broke my water, and four exhausting, painful contractions later Wyatt was born; just 50minutes after checking in.
{My doctor said I rocked delivery, stating there was more noise from the two epidural deliveries he had following mine.}
Wyatt Orland
Born January 17th at 4:50pm
Measuring 7lbs 8oz and 21inches long
Measuring 7lbs 8oz and 21inches long
{middle name from his Great Grandpa Baron and sharing a birthday with his Great Grandma Baron}








I LOVE birth stories, and yours rocks! You are an awesome mama! Enjoy the babymoon.
ReplyDelete