Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Elves and the Robot-Makers

The boys got all creative the other day with tape and all sorts of toys. 
They were working hard to make a robot. And, seriously, I was surprised at the thought they put into the movements and angles of it's arms, legs, hands, and feet. 
They spent hours working on it and went to bed with it still in pieces on the floor. 

(too to bottom: arm, elbow, shoulder) 

(all their tools and pieces left out)


{Now, as cute as it was, I knew it wasn't going anywhere except into a big mess. I also knew I could not just end this mess without squelching creativity and dreams. So, I called on some creative juices of my own}

During the night, 'elves' came and finished the job. Turning their unfinished robots into ready to go ones! 
Very similar to the story of The Elves and the Shoemaker. 

(two robots - the scrap of paper was the plans they had drawn up)


They boys were excited, however not so easily fooled. But it ended the mess and resulted in a new day of play! win-win. 

Levi even colored his to look like Raf (the Ninja Turtle). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment