Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Scootering

Owen verges on repetitious praying. He's three, we let it go. One night he threw in, 'bless Daddy to not crash on his way to dental school' and we heard it every prayer he gave for the next day. 

A day and a morning later, Devin called. His scooter had been munched. He was fine but needed me to drive him to school. He was pretty chill about it so I thought nothing of it. 
When I arrived at the scene I saw trembling 17yr old boy, Devin ever so slightly frazzled, and this:

Um... what?? But due to the condition of the boy and Devin needing to be at school for an exam, there was little discussion. The scooter was loaded, information exchanged, and we left. 

Seconds after the car doors shut Devin exploded with details! And I understood why the kid was trembling and why Devin was trying to calm him by 'being chill' about it. 
Devin saw the van turning into his scooter and jumped. His hand grazed the side of the van and his flip flop flew off as his scooter went under the front tire and then the back....of a van!!! Before the kid-driver stopped. The kid never even saw Devin. 
Needless to say we could be telling a much worse story. BUT instead Devin got to replace his used scooter with a brand new 6X the cost scooter. The kid's dad was extremely nice and had a scooter shipped right to us. 
Apparently they no longer make the model Devin had so this was it. We offered to search Craigslist for one but he insisted. And BAM! We have a ridiculously expensive, pretty awesome electric scooter that you can take off-roadibg! Ha. 

Devin was so excited when it arrived he couldn't sleep that night! Alright so maybe that's only part of the reason he couldn't sleep. But my husband, a kid in a candy store. ;-)


bragging side note: the boys and put it together for him. When we moved here I'd work hard to get things set up (beds, crib, bookcase) but Devin would always finish them. Not anymore! (Mostly because he's not around to do anything and I have the time to do it wrong enough times to get it right!)



0 comments:

Post a Comment