Part of me regrets not buying it for him but then my logical side kicks in.
Unlike the other children headed off to school this year with new shoes, clothes, pencils, crayons, and I'm certain at least one TMNT backpack, Levi won't be needing a backpack.
He is staying home. We are officially, unavoidably (believe me I've been avoiding answering this question for years) HOMESCHOOLING.
The reasons are too many to list, some known, some felt, some we are still grasping for. But the easiest, most spoken and understood reason: we moved to AZ two weeks after grade-school started and we could move out four or more weeks before it ends. AND to be honest I don't believe in all-day Kindergarten.
So while many are shedding tears (and believe you me I've shed many tears in the past about this decision) and kissing thier little ones goodbye, I am nursing my baby in one arm and pointing to the day's lessons with the other.
I have a full years plan for kindergarten and the skeleton of a five year plan. Are we forever homeschoolers? I have no idea. The years to come will be spent in prayer, and we'll see as it comes.
As for this year we are Kindergartening at home!
HAPPY BACK TO SCHOOL
and good luck to us all!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment