Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pool Ban

Saying the boys LOVE having a pool in our complex is an understatement. 

(Oh.my.goodness. This is one of my favorite things. Levi pretends to be a shark and 'attacks' us under the water. The best part: the shark-fin sticking out of the water!!!) 

I finally told them I only go to the pool Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays or on Saturdays when Dad wants to go. Tuesdays and Thursdays are awful. And then Levi got raccoon red eyes from all the jumping into chlorine. So we banned the pool until Monday. 
To avoid the awfulness of the banning we got a library card!!!! The only thing, thus far, distracting enough from the pool. 
And let me tell you, this is one awesome library! A play house, magnetic letters, train tables,duplos, puppets, and a throne! (I think I was more excited than the boys!) 

And when we walked in there was a little piece of home:
It's an awful picture, but it's a glass blown representation of the Sun and Moon here from an artist in Tacoma, WA (glass museum anyone!). 
It's gorgeous and if the boys weren't so terrified of standing under it I may have gotten a better picture! Maybe next time. 

On our way home the temperature read 105, so we HAD to try frying an egg on the sidewalk. 

Sadly, no luck (even with the help of reflective foil and 5-10minutes in the heat). I guess GG was right. 

Levi's look much better and so far the pool banning is going well.... but it's only 2pm on Saturday.  Wish me luck! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment