Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Doggie's Birthday

 Just days ago Owen announced that his beloved Doggie's birthday was September 13th. I kind of put it off as something silly, but days later it came up and with surety Owen stated September 13th. 
I have no idea why or even how he picked a date and then remembered it. 

Since Doggie (aka officially Spot) has been Owen's best bud since infancy, and had our past nursery leaders wondering if this was a real dog or not, I figured why not?

With days to spare we threw Doggie a birthday party!
Doggie has been known to flip flop between a candy lover and vegetable lover, when he isn't in his 'I don't eat anything' mood. So we decided on a CandyLand theme. 




I think Doggie was excited to play a life-sized version of CandyLand!

(don't mind Devin and Kylie in the background- it's never ending study for him; he did join in singing Happy Birthday. And she is my crawling paper eater; instead I stripper her and gave her a cracker, much yummier)

Doggie loved his birthday card!

And listened quietly while I read it to him (and yes I am aware of the typo) 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOGGIE SPOT!!!!!
we love you


(I fear Levi will put things together and start claiming birthdays for all his belongings!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment