Monday, October 28, 2013

Dinner Rolls...

...because it's Fall and it's most definitely bread season! I read this on Pinterest and laughed:
Fall Sweater Body

I love sweaters and I love Fall and I love bread! And what better time to eat warm homemade breads than when the weather is chilly and we don't have to wear bathing suits!
Here is a fail-proof recipe that I received as a High School graduation gift... and didn't start using until the past few years. I'm not going to lie I was timid of yeast; not any more! HOORAY for trial and error. AND these rolls can be made into cinnamon rolls or frozen for later.

{and there would be a picture but they are devoured every time I make them. Just as Levi finished off the last one he asked when I would be making more!}
Dinner Rolls/Cinamon Rolls Mix and set aside: 1 C warm water 3 T yeast 1 T sugar
Add together: 1 C butter (melted) 1 C sugar 1 1/2 t salt 1 c warm water
lightly beat: 3 eggs
Slowly add yeast, margarine mixture, and egg together Add 8 C flour (I do half wheat, half all-purpose flour) Mix and knead until dough is smooth and satiny Place in greased bowl- cover and let rise until doubled in bulk Form* into rolls and place on greased pans** let rise until doubled in bulk Bake 18 minutes at 325
Cinnamon Rolls Roll dough into 6-8in wide strip 1/4 in thick Spread with 1/2 c margarine- melted Sprinkle with brown sugar covering thickly shake on cinnamon generously Roll and cut 3/4 in slices Press onto greased pan tucking in tail Bake IMMEDIATELY (do not let rise) 12-15 minutes @ 375 Cut apart and cool upside down (allowing sugars to flow back in) Turn back over and frost
*I form my rolls by making an okay sign with my left hand and using my right thumb to push a glob of dough through the finger/thumb okay 'circle' of my left hand, then pinching my circle tight to pinch off the bottom of the roll. 
**this is where you would freeze them, then when you want them pull them out, let them thaw and rise until doubled than bake
And they are pretty fail-proof. I made a batch the other Sunday and only put half the butter in it! Pregnancy brain I guess. I've done silly things like that all the time and they still are great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment