Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bunting

I saw this on Pinterest and thought it would be fun to let the boys do for seasonal/holiday decorations
I took three pieces of construction paper (one of each: orange, black, white) folded it in half, hot dog style, and marked every two inches, then used those to mark zigzags, which cut into triangles.
We had plenty of triangles to decorate, and although they are a little small I think anything too much bigger would be overwhelming.
From there I let the boys decide what to put on them.
Levi colored a candy corn, a red eyes, and a dragon smoke one, and asked me to write BOO on one for him to scribble in. 
Owen was happy GLUING (he loves scissors and he love glue!) so I cut out pumpkins, witch hats, pumpkin face pieces, ghosts, and gave him googly eyes.
And I added int he striped ones. 
When we were all done, I poked holes in the top corners and gave Levi a piece of yarn with a tape needle {you tightly wrap the end on the yarn with tape to create a 'needle'} and helped him thread them all together (yay for fine motor!!!)



what was fun is it only took the three pieces of construction paper, glue, and colored pencils- we just used the end pieces of paper that were half triangles to make the add ons. 


Oh and I added a 'Happy Halloween' bunting too

0 comments:

Post a Comment