Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where others see nothing
Devin and I strive to live simplistically {especially with how much we move} but when I read the above quote the other day I felt guilty.
I see nothing. White walls. Bare shelves. Empty rooms.
Moving with little more than fits in your car, and borrowing the basic, necessary furniture makes for an empty apartment.
On the flip side we do have everything we need; clothing, beds, a few dishes. And I find myself looking around and realizing how much we really could live without.
Don't get me wrong I DO miss my mixer, second cookie sheet, extra set of dishes, extra sheets and towels, pantry organizers, etc. But I also DO have plans to minimize even more 'stuff' when I am reunited with it all! {although after the next few months I might cling to anything I own! hahaa!}
AND, since we have little Devin has let me have a 'little' fun...
insert ART WALL
this wall is the first wall you see when you enter our apartment; it's between the dinning room and living room windows- it's our statement wall
the bottom 'beadboard/railing/thing-a-ma-jig' the boys helped me put up with painters tape
above that we are slowly filling the white wall with art projects
WE LOVE IT! and Devin is graciously putting up with it
I'll be updating as it grows and changes with the holidays/seasons
0 comments:
Post a Comment