Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ocean sneak-away

Wednesday {may 1st} the following text messages took place between Devin and me

D: Tell me everything we have planned for this weekend please.
L: Angela, Kayla, and possibly Jessi are coming {ie three of my five sisters... a perk of living with my parents!}
D: I was just thinking of running away with you and the kids to Jen's beach house {Jen, Devin's co-worker is like a second mom to him, who owns a house on Ocean Shores and lets us stay there when ever the lawn needs mowed or yard work needs to be done ;-)}

we went back and forth discussing scheduling issues, and then I completely joking I said,

L: Today 
D: maybe
L: ha! we'll go later
D: no today really is doable

I called him at this point. Apparently the office was really slow there and at the other office he works at; so after he checked with everyone he sent me a text,

D: Plan Ocean Shores is a go

and I began packing. And we left when he got home from work.

We arrived late Wednesday night and tucked the boys into bed. Snuggling up we dreamed of ocean waves in the morning....
When we woke up to Levi puking. Against all attempts he wouldn't keep anything down. Devin gave him a blessing and I snuggled him until he fell back asleep. A few hours later he woke up running! We convinced him to take it slow for awhile but he was dragging us out to the ocean. 
From then on it was sun, sand, and smiles!
Something that was fun but made me nervous was we could climb down the ocean side of the jetty. Last time we went (in December) the waves were splashing up on to/over the jetty; this time we climbed up to the top and down the other side; crazy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment