Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Zz Zoo

I put off doing the letter Zz because I wanted it to be a big deal- we were finishing the alphabet! but I couldn't decided HOW to make it a big deal so I went with the plan I had, just like the other letters.
and to my surprise Levi knew it was the last letter, and spent a good few minutes pointing to all the other letters in the alphabet telling me we had done them, and now we were on Zz the last one. He was pretty excited-which was awesome to see in his little boy eyes.


We read Put Me in the Zoo (Nana's favorite)
{another good one, but a little drawn out in my opinion, is Dr Seuss' If I Ran the Zoo}
and colored a blank zebra I have printed from here, all crazy like. Originally I was going to have the boys paint on black stripes but thought it would be more fun to create an unusual animal. Levi chose spots like the character in the book, and then drew apples all around it (not spots) so it wouldn't get hungry. Then he laced bars in front of it so it wouldn't escaped from his Zoo.
Levi also created a Z path and put animal stickers in the grass around it, played with an animal puzzle (reviewing animal sounds as we went), did animal patterns, played with a zoo sticker kit that was given to us (reviewing where different animals live ie water or land), and of course played our favorite game: Hunt-a-potamus!

It was a fun-filled Zoo day (even without a trip to the zoo... maybe soon)

WE DID IT!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment