Someone in my ward kind of challenged me to have a devotional with my boys every morning; they said they used the Scripture Stories that I grew up on...




... and my amazing mother gave me my own copies as a birthday gift when Levi was a baby.
Sadly I have packed them away.... somewhere... in a box... under one of our piles of boxes, stored away in the corners of our closets... where there are spiders {shiver}. Somehow that lead me to finding this:
http://www.lds.org/friend/online-activities/videos/scripture-stories?lang=eng
The scriptures stories are ONLINE! with short (albeit outdated) roughly two-minute segments. Every morning we clear breakfast and snuggle on the couch under blankets and watch our scripture story. And then the questions come and I LOVE IT!
*** we did start with the Old Testament and Nana was a little concerned when she walked in and heard the killing bit of Cain and Abel.... choose wisely with your little one!***
or if you prefer the books themselves: old testament here, new testament here, book of mormon here, doctrine and covenants here
Ohhh... Great idea to do a devo every morning!
ReplyDelete