Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kk-Uu

I can't remember exactly what we did for each of these letters, which is way lame! I know that we did a lot of activities  I just can't remember what for all of the letters! (so much for writing it down for when Owen gets this age! agh!)
{Ll Mm and Pp got their own postings so you can either click on the link or scroll through the earlier postings}

Kk Kites
-Roll a Kite (printable here)
Untangle the Kite Strings

Ll Leaf and Letters

Mm Me

Nn Numbers
For numbers I created a numbered dot-to-dot with the amount of dots the same as the number they were creating. I thought it was nifty! :-)

And we played Don't Break the Ice with a number twist. After all the ice was broken I gave Levi three cards with a different number on each, he had to line up the correct amount of ice under the number on the card. It was a fun way to incorporate the numbers.

**BUT something I read that I think has made a huge difference in our number recoginition is checking out a 'math' book from the library 'once a week' (we get a handful at a time and run through them). There are so many great counting ones, and simple math skill ones, and since we have been doing it Owen has been a counting machine!**

Oo Ocean Commotion
There is a great book, both educational and fun: Commotion in the Ocean

LOVE IT!
After reading it we made an octopus with cherio-o suckers and created an O porthole

Pp Pirate

Qq Quilt
I let Levi pick out three colors, then cut out pieces to create a Qq. By punching holes in them Levi could 'quilt' them together with yarn. I definitely had to help him tie the knots but we took turns doing different parts of the tying and it was a fun way to introduce tying knots!



Rr Robot
Levi LOVES robots so he had fun doing a shapes robot, color by number robots, and a robot to rocket line tracer. 
** THIS is my favorite site for getting 'worksheets' either for printing or creating my own, all FREE and by grade**

Ss Spiders
For spiders I incorporated the number 8 and had Levi glue a spider out of an eight, add the eight legs and eyes. Then he made a spider web on the worksheet

Tt Train
We did a shape train worksheet (getting the train to the station by coloring the squares), and glued a train on in numerical order. Of course we had to sing Little Red Caboose, while we got out boxes and lined them up (which is not as fun to my boys as walking across the lined up chairs... who knew!)

Uu Umbrella
I created an umbrella without the u part of the handle (the green), which I had Levi glue on, and then he drew the bottom of the raindrops (ie the u shape!) and then against all superstitions we played with an umbrella... inside!

0 comments:

Post a Comment