Yesterday Devin received his FIRST interview invite.... to Howard University in Washington DC.
At first I was in shock but considering they wanted him there NEXT weekend I had to get moving on planning flights, stays, food, ect. I think my parents were a little taken aback at my craziness mode and I realized no one ever sees me in my crazy mode because no one is usually around at these times.
You see, as most know, I am a control freak! I organize, re-organize, analyze and half way through things start over. Dental School, although HIS job, affects my life greatly! I have no control over what happens in that interview room and in order for me to handle it I HAVE to control just about everything else surrounding that moment.
Not even 24hours later interview confirmation was sent, all family members we notified, flights were booked, and transportation and a place to stay were all checked off my list. Next is attaining more information about the University and interview drill (ie I run Devin through various questions), and outfit planning, ironing, and packing. My poor husband probably feels like a child.
We are REALLY excited about an interview, and I hope this is the first of (not too) many (we only have so much to spend on flights!). I had to laugh at it being Washington DC because of course his top choice is Washington State... apparently we need to be a little more specific in our prayers or Heavenly Father thinks He's pretty funny! Either way we know that this is a blessing, and we're excited.
This post is so funny! And I think we're a lot alike when it comes to planning! Congrats on the interview and best of luck to Devin.
ReplyDeleteThat is super exciting! I'm so happy for you all. I hope that there will be even more to come!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!
ReplyDelete{this is bonnie and for some reason it is saying that i'm jordan....but he's so happy for you guys too :) }