We found some really fun farm books: Kiss the Cow, Peek-a-Moo (Owen's favorite), Duck on a Bike, and Fiddle-I-Fee.
Then we had fun working on fine motor skills peeling and sticking farm animal stickers, and putting the correct close pin legs on the animal- this was WAY fun because they stand up! (I free handed these animals without legs- but you could print them)
and I introduced Levi to patterns by having a strip of 6 blocks with a pattern of animals. I would point to the animal and say it in a rhythmic way and he caught on really quick.
Then we had fun working on fine motor skills peeling and sticking farm animal stickers, and putting the correct close pin legs on the animal- this was WAY fun because they stand up! (I free handed these animals without legs- but you could print them)
and I introduced Levi to patterns by having a strip of 6 blocks with a pattern of animals. I would point to the animal and say it in a rhythmic way and he caught on really quick.
FIRE!!!!!
I didn't know whether to call this Fire Fighter Day, Fire Truck Day, or Fire Safety Day... so we just called it Fire day!
We learned the Five Brave Firemen poem (pick your favorite from here) and created them with Levi's hand,
did a fire inspection (I found it somewhere on the Sparky.org website, but not sure where... but there are LOTS of fun informational fire games there- check it out!)
read lots of books: we didn't really find one that stood out, they were all pretty much the same,
did a giant floor puzzle: courtesy of the library!
make fireman badges: #1 for our year old Owen, and #3 for our three-year-old Levi of course!
Stapled and read (but did not want to color) Ziggys Fire Safety book which matched a story and magnets also courtesy of the library.
I also created a 'maze'/map thing that had 5fires on it and a fire house. I tapped a blue (water!) marker to a red truck (the closest thing we currently have as a fire truck) (idea here) and Levi had to drive from the fire station to the fires and 'put the out' with scribbles in numerical order... Owen LOVED his turn with the truck!
and we practiced stop, drop, and roll, and the correct ways to get out of the house in case of a fire and discussed a meeting place. I couldn't help but get a picture of my little boys practicing crawling to the door. Levi took it very seriously and got as low as he could- and yes I did make the alarm sound... multiple times! It was a loud day! ;-)
Then after nap and because it was a warm day we played fire fighter with an alarm (THANKS AUNT KAYLA!), a hose and Ff fires! Which needed its own post....
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment