Saturday, September 29, 2012

Trip to the Dentist

Levi, Owen, and I went into the dental office where Devin is currently working (yay for free family benefits ). 
Levi did great, and reported: 'I didn't like the dentist at our last place but this one is good' ... it may have been because the hygienist gave him gum! Looking so studly in the dentist chair, with purple glasses on!

Owen opened right up and was content until one little poke, that he reminded me about after nap time later that day, and that was the end of that.
I, on the other hand had to reschedule for fillings (yes I am a bad flosser, I feel like the worst to-be-dentist-wife). The dentist said that Devin needed practice so he was going to let him do my fillings.... ha! But the night before we discussed it and I figured needles make me nervous no matter who's hand they are in, and after that the rest is cake, so I was ready to let Devin do whatever the doc would let him. Luckily it turned out to be numbing on my top right side. Devin did great, and everything went smoothly. 
But minutes before he got home a light bulb turned on and I raced for the eye shadow, and created a little bruise... 

I knew I had to not let him get a good look at it and keep him on the emotional thinking level, once he started thinking analytically it would all be over.
It worked! for about 30seconds but boy did he feel bad! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment