Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Alive


We are alive, as previously mentioned, and well. Although we miss our friends and the community of Rexburg, there is, as the saying goes, no place like home. And we are loving being home in the wet Seattle area!

Before we left Rexburg, as a trade for babysitting, we had family pictures taken at the Lindstrom Family Farm- which was founded by Devin's Great-Great-Grandfather and is currently owned by his Grandpa.  




and my personal favorite! 

and on the topic of being alive, it's been over a year since my accident

My orthopedic surgeon told me it would take roughly a year for things to be normal again. Amists the pain, tears, and frustration that prevailed through most of this past year I felt myself not believing things would ever go back to 'normal' again. Weeks before the year mark things were changing and one morning I woke up realizing I had been lifting boxes, hauling children, and running without any following pain, and without having asking Devin to rub my swollen ankle at night. Things are becoming normal again.
The past year has been a journey for me, for all of us. Although I know, as I did moments before the crash, that what was meant to happen was going to happen, I still not fully sure of the why, and what is to be learned. I don't understand all that my Father has in store for me but I am grateful for a leg, and that these two little boys were protected from any harm.


Thanks for the pictures Ashley! and thanks to everyone for all the love and support you have given over this past year. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you and your boys are alive and well and that your leg has healed!!! Beautiful Family pictures. We are so happy to have you here in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures Lindsay! Love love the family pictures. I realized when you get here I will be in my 3rd trimester. Getting huge lol

    ReplyDelete