Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grad Dad

We had a 'half-way-there' graduation party for Devin
orignally I wanted to go all Dental themed but re-considered as he is not Dental yet
instead I tried to incorporate as much Chemistry, and Biology as I could
here's what I came up with
Every item on the table had labels pinned to it (that's all I remember from my biology/chemistry classes- dead frogs with pinned labels... this was much tastier)

For example the Popcorn Cake was a Phagocytic White Blood Cell (I may have had Devin help me!)

Cheese and Crackers- Blood Slide Station

Stuffed Mushrooms- Fungi on Auger
(this was one of Devin's favorites because mushrooms are fungi! He's such a nerd)

The cups were 'test tubes' for the 'unknown compound' in the pitcher, the fruits and veggies were labeled by their sugars (fructose, glucose, cellulose), and the bread bowl dip was 'bone' (compact bone, sponge bone, and marrow). Sadly, I forgot the sushi for his Japanese cluster but I did create this banner. The letters are elements from the periodic table and have their assigned numbers and weights, and conveniently you can make BYU-I
I thought it was original but the chemistry club on campus has shirts like it- LAME
WE ARE SO PROUD OF DEVIN!!!
only four more years....
after the DAT....
and moving...
and applications....
and interviews...
and moving again....
I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. So fun. Congrats to Devin. Wish we could have celebrated with you guys. Cant wait to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! You are such a cool party planner! Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete