Thursday, February 23, 2012

Basic Colors

LOOK!
We finished the first five weeks!
WHITE.RED.YELLOW.BLUE.BLACK

Definitely have my favorite keep-until-we-move-sakes! and definitely throw-while-he's-not-looking-aways!
and soon will be mixing these colors!!!

Things I've learned:
-if you get behind, catching up is RIDICULOUS!!!!
-although I want to document it, pictures aren't everything, but I do love his concentration face!!
-I LOVE knowing what Levi needs a little more time on (ie yellow- I had no idea he struggled with that color)
-ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE... oh and be prepared!
-this doesn't really count as something learned but we I read this idea and have loved implementing it:
Levi has chores in the morning (ie: get dressed, help mom make beds, put dishes in sink, brush teeth) all before we start our projects
for being ready 'on-time' (he has over two hours to complete his chores... usually he is early), he gets to put an M&M into a small jar
for doing all his 'chores' he gets to put another M&M in the jar and eat one
(and yes, Mommy and Owen get to do the same... mostly to help fill the jar! and Owen freaks when there's M&Ms around)
after our project if he cleans up the mess he gets to put another M&M in the jar
When the jar (which is really an old spice container) is filled we will go to a pizza parlor! (ever since reading Trashy Town, Levi is all about pizza parlors!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment