I detest when people 'thank you for your patience'... when inside you are mulling up all sorts of evil, angry thoughts.
The girl at the insurance company said it to me, and I WAS NOT BEING PATIENT
The girl at the grocery store said it to me, and as I grabbed a candy-bar, deciding I earned it for not throwing a two-year-old tantrum right then and there!
And the maintenance man said it to me, as I handed him my, planned out, fourth maintenance sheet
That's when it hit me... they are only saying it in hopes that I am being patient. As if saying it reminds me that I HAVE to be patient. Lame.
However, I being 'patient' saved me a whole 50cents on a library fee! WAHOO! That's a whole fourth load of laundry.
On a completely different note, isn't it odd how children struggle to be in small spaces for long periods of time, except the bath? Seriously, my boys can be going crazy being stuck inside on freezing days, sick of their toys, each other, and any silly idea I have, but you put them in an even smaller space, add some water and WALA instant joy for an extended amount of time- and water on the floor is way less messy than half the art projects we do around here.
I think I am going to come up with a bath tub add campaign: Children? Just Add Water
ha! love it! I tell people at work: "thank you for your patience.", all the time, when really I mean: "please don't yell at me."
ReplyDelete