Monday, August 8, 2011

not-so-Secret Garden

We took Nana to see the 'animals' on campus {they have a taxidermy room that Levi loves to visit}. Sadly as it's 'the seven week break' the room was locked. So we went to 'the Gardens' {there are a lot of terms for things at this school}. I think the Gardens are always under construction! So I was pleasently surprised by the new water features:

I love when Levi makes this 'face'! He does it when he doesn't like something (like the water spraying in his face!) or when he's being a monster! It's ridiculous but, as his mom, I love it!

And he is very much into the 'Why?' stage... and has to explore things with all of his senses. He is our little monkey:

Then we walked down to the 'BUIC' (said like Buick... see another term... BYU-I Center), where Nana got to see the 'conference center' and the upper-track around ten basketball courts.

And the best part of all! There was a muddy spot on the way into the gardens. Knowing my son I told him we were not getting muddy today and he had to walk AROUND it. He was very good about not even getting his shoes muddy. On the way out we forgot about the mud and he went full force running. Resulting in him not being able to stop in time and doing a full body slide through the mud!! He was so distraught because I previously told him to stay out, while Nana and I were laughing hysterically! Poor Levi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment