Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Down to the Bones

I saw an orthopedic surgeon Friday.
He unwrapped my leg and this is what I saw:
{WARNING: It's not pretty, but looks worse in person}



32 staples, a whole lot of bruising, some scratches, and a large hematoma bump where the bones were almost pushed through the skin {note the bump in the first picture on the inside of my leg... it's nasty and made me scream 'IS THAT NORMAL!!?!'}

and THIS:
I have NEVER been this swollen! and I've been pregnant twice!!!!

BUT the light at the end of the tunnel... my collar bone is healing well, so well in fact that that OrthoSurg (as I call him) said 'that's amazing' as he rotated my arm. I simply looked at him and said, 'I am amazing! I'm a mother of two; I've gotta get moving!' {prideful? yes!}. I wish I had pictures of the xrays. Straiaght on you can't even tell my collar bone is broken! Sadly an angled shot reveals all!!!

Also, a sad note: there has not been any bone growth on my leg yet. I was sent home in a walking boot with instructions NOT to walk, but to do my ABCs and start getting mobility back. Levi sits on the couch with me and wiggles his feet while we sing... he just hasn't learned to go slow for mommy yet!

I go back in three weeks, hopefully I will be able to start walking then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment