Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bunk to the Bed

Devin and I are making bunk beds for the boys Christmas present {come this August when he is only working and has time}. I thought I would google bunk beds for different ideas. I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE OPTIONS THEY HAVE NOW!!! Forget your hum-drum beds, these things are mini Disneylands!

Need a castle for your little princess or prince?
Complete with a ROPE SWING!!!! (there were tons with that feature!)

Or for you Pirate lovers- check this one out, also with a rope swing!, it has a steering wheel (yes there is a more proper term for that- you know it I don't!)

This, however was my favorite- ingenious! Five beds in one! {Roughly: this was actually developed for orphanages in South Africa, allowing lots of beds yet room to play when pushed against the wall}. And it comes in more than one color!!!

Due to a strict budget it's going to be pretty basic- although it will be crib-sized (moving and small apartment purposes) which I am very excited about! (hint the reason we are making it, not finding a cheap deal)

Look for pictures late August!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen bunkbeds inside a closet..just take off the doors and add wood across the middle and there ya go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you've seen this blog, but just in case you haven't, check it out! http://www.ana-white.com/category/plans/project-type/beds

    ReplyDelete