It's actually something I've wanted to do since.... before Levi!
I am going to hold my own Story Time! AHHH! I said it now I have to do it!
Ideally I would have hundreds of books to choose from, along with costumes to match- oh wouldn't it be great! Instead I am fighting other Rexburg residents for library books and sticking to t-shirts and jeans (summer is coming!!! there really is no such thing as Spring here).
So here's the plan:
The semester is 14 weeks long = 14 Story Times
Wednesday is Devin's busiest day, but also the un-official Relief society organized Play group day, so I've boot myself to Tuesdays at ten- which has a nice ring to it: sTory Time Tuesday aT Ten, don't you think?
Now on to the 14 Story Time themes.... I am being bias to what I want to expose Levi to, and luckily most other children around here are on the same page (pun!) as him.
{notice how I said 'expose' instead of learn? I am learning (not just exposing myself!!!) about the importance of letting children be children (book review on Einstein Never Used Flash Cards coming soon... if I ever finish it!). I will be exposing the children to things, words, books, items, but there will not be worksheets, flashcards, memorizing, repeating..... wow tangent!}
Alright,
Week #1: Red
Week #2: Orange
Week #3: Yellow
Week #4: Green
Week #5: Blue
Week #6: Purple
Week #7: Rainbow
Week #8: Eyes
Week #9: Ears
Week #10: Mouth
Week #11: Nose
Week #12: Hands
Week #13: Body
Week #14: GRADUATION! :-) or something
The plan:
Welcome/free play (with toys of that weeks color for weeks #1-7)
Story Time (books that have references to that weeks item)
Action time (craft, songs, games... something)
closing story
Goodbye/free play
WISH ME LUCK... we'll see how the first week goes!
0 comments:
Post a Comment