I have a new favorite author: Leslie Patrucelli
We were first introduced to her books around Levi's birthday. We read 'The Birthday Box'
It's a cute book about a diaper wearing baby who thinks he got an awesome box for his birthday {he really got a puppy in the box!} and plays all sorts of games with the puppy and box. Ever since the book, Levi will put a box of any kind on his head and say he's a robot!
This last trip to the library I found a whole bunch more. The pictures are colorful, and very basic, which, I think, helps Levi focus on what is correlating to the words. Our new favorites from Leslie Patricelli :
Big Little, No No Yes Yes, Quiet Loud
Then we found a fun action one with a cute message about bouncing and bumping is better than not bouncing at all:
Bounce by Doreen Cronin
We also got some with cute messages, although they we a little too advanced for Levi:
ish and the dot both by Peter H. Reyonds
and How I Learned Geography by Uri Shulevitz
Some fun, silly ones:
The Dog House and A Birthday for Cow by Jan Thomas (another author we will revisit- fun colorful pictures and funny stories about thinking the wrong thing about something)
Minerva Louise and the Red Truck by Janet Morgan Stoeke
Where's Spot? by Eric Hill (a classic lift the flap)
We're going on a Bear Hunt by Micheal Rosen- I used to sing and act this one out with the girls but forgot the words... I didn't know it was a book!
Go Away Big Green Monster! by Ed Emberly- I got it to help Levi overcome his fear of monsters... we're getting there. It's REALLY cute!
and a new FAVORITE that I am going to buy off Amazon....
Brown Bear Brown Bear by Bill Martin
0 comments:
Post a Comment