My name, Lindsay, is my great grandmother's maiden name. I have never met her but my grandma once told me a story about her and her lead-foot. Although I don't believe that I am like my great grandma (I have NEVER been pulled over, knock on wood), and no one expects me to be, being named after someone has always made me feel special so I wanted to pass that on to my children.
Devin has ALWAYS (yes, with both children) picked the first name. Levi was a boy in our stake growing up... our Levi is not named after him, but Devin has always liked the name and was firm that his first boy would be a Levi. That wasn't a good enough namesake for me... so I thought about using my Dad's name for Levi's middle name, since he was the first grandson, and it was odd that I was having a boy and it may not happen again and there is no one to carry on our father's name, but a sister who shall not be named ;-) wanted it for her own child so we settled on Anthony, my brother's name.
Then we found out we were having boy number two... my sister had her chance at a boy and had a girl (like the rest of them) so I decided that was it! The probability of any of us having boys is slim (although growing!!!), the fact that I have TWO is crazy, and cousins can have the same middle name... someone has to carry on Daddy's name. So now for a first name....
I am weird about names. I like them decided ASAP. The minute we start talking about getting pregnant, I start discussing names. Devin and I had been discussing names for a while when Devin brought up Owen... I thought it was a good one and looked it up... once Devin found out it meant young fighter he was sold. There was no going back if it was a boy, and if it wasn't the next boy would be Owen.
So then we had a name: Owen Christopher
and the weekend of his blessing our little Owen got to spend some time with his namesake (something I hope Levi and I get to do one day)

Cute! i miss ya
ReplyDelete