Tuesday, March 8, 2011

the MAJOR change

as the end nears you realizes how great you had it... even if you hated it along the way...

Graduation was in view; almost in our grasp. We were counting months {4} not years. He had been feeling a stress recently and expressed it more than once 'I think I should change my major'. I pushed it aside- nerves will do that to a grad-soon-to-be I told myself.

Time to register... the last time; or so I thought.

It came up again, 'I think I should change my major' {I guess I should be glad it wasn't 'I don't think I want to be a dentist anymore'}.

We analyzed and discussed. A major change would mean a large chunk of additional credits, loss of already taken credits and an internship... blah.

In the end we decided NO major change and NO graduation {yet}... which also means NO dat, NO applications, and NO for one more year {in dental application/acceptance terms: no for two more years}.

That's right, instead of graduating a year early we are graduating just one semester early (or on time... we will see). The DAT WILL be taken next April, applications WILL be in next summer, and come Fall 2013 we WILL be in dental school {somewhere.... hopefully}.

The reason: as my husband expands his knowledge he realizes how little he knows. He wants to squeeze in a few more classes before moving on. Luckily for him, I have grown to enjoy our time in Rexburg and all it has to offer {I just have to forget about the long winter ahead, while still in this one!!!}

Although I am not looking forward to another Rexburg winter, a load has been lifted from our home. He may have voiced it but I felt it. We are grateful for the spirit in guiding us daily and wonder how we would make without it, and we're excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this next year!

...the end has been postponed.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!! You will be here with me longer than just until July! I'm excited. I've enjoyed having a friend to do things with and avoid when our kids are sick. =)

    ReplyDelete