Fun fact: a 2X4 is not actually two inches by four inches. It was when first cut, but then shaved down to be smooth resulting in a 1.5X3.5... don't doubt it, Daddy told me so. :-)
I recently re-discovered my eternal love for the smell of a two-by-four.

There is not another smell that stirs so much emotion in me... ever since I can remember! It just screams POTENTIAL! make something, build something, create! I LOVE IT!
For our Releif Society activity this month we were giving 12 two-by-four chunks, cut into three different lengths. At home we were to sand and paint them. Then Saturday we got together, picked out thin scrapbook papper (not card-stock), card-stock letters previous cut out on a Cricut, and Mod Podged. On one set we did Spring on the front, with Summer on the reverse. On the other set we did Autumn on the front, with Winter on the reverse. That way you only have to change out your set of blocks once, you just flip them around when the season changes {does that make sense?} My end result:
Winter and Spring on the front

Autumn and Summer on the reverse

I painted my blocks black and then sanded the edges. But I also did a set for my amazing friend, Kirsten, who was unable to make it. She wanted hers 'nude' as we call them:


They were really fun and simple to make... and I loved sanding them!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment