Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Santa Claus

Levi has been enthralled with Santa Claus! We read books, color pictures, watch short clips,... all about Santa. Levi even dressed up as Santa for two days in a row!

But come time to head to the library for their Christmas Extravaganza to see Santa, sit on his lap, and get a candy cane- oh boy!

Devin and I took bets on what he would do; we both figured he would at least sit next to him but probably cry.... sadly we were both terribly wrong!

I had the girls (Emma, Elise, and Mirielle) go first. Mirielle was ecstatic to see Santa! Things were going well until I took one too many steps toward Santa... every muscle in Levi's body tensed, he clung to me, started hyperventilating, then came the tears and screams!!!

Nothing would convince him to get close to Santa.. So Kirsten quickly took this shot, and we ran out before scaring the other children!

Closeup of that face!!!

The rest of the night was spent far from Santa, listening during story time, and making our own reindeer (I think that's what Kirsten made!), and Santa,

which has become Levi's new best friend and he carries around everywhere! :-)

1 comment: